As you pick up the remote, the TV instantly becomes aware you are about to do something. An embedded accelerometer in the remote detect the motion and send a signal to the TV, compelling it to prepare for user input and react according to context:
- Wake the TV if in standby mode.
- Alert and prepare components making them more responsive once the user press a button.
- Reduce remote-control complexity by showing a context-menu on the screen as you pick up the remote.
- Use movement-characteristics to learn who is holding the remote and load choices and suggestions based on individual preferences.
- Gesture based interaction.